Friday, March 8, 2019

Top 20 CH, TW, HK Dramas


I watch so many dramas that I lost count of them nor do I have enough fingers to count them all. The reason why I decided to put Chinese, Taiwanese and Hong Kong dramas together is because I don't have a lot of dramas under the Hong Kong and Chinese list while my Taiwanese list can go on forever. Since they are from the same region, location on a map next to each other with similar language, I decided to put it together to save me from writing another list and you from reading another list. I was originally going to do this list as a top ten only but when I was writing this list down and choosing the dramas to put on this list, ten wasn't enough. Majority of the dramas on this list was Taiwanese therefore I added another ten. Ranking on this list would be base off how much I love, like, hated this drama, how many times I have watch this drama, memories watching this drama, and is worth watching this drama also how much I would like a remake of this drama. 

1. Devil Beside You (2005)

Devil Beside You is a Taiwanese drama release in 2005 starring Rainie Yang, Mike He and Kingone Wang. This drama is based on a Japanese manga titled The Devil Does Exist

After finally getting the courage to confess her feelings Qi Yue was handing her love letter to Yuan Yi, but by a stroke of bad luck, he did not see and walked passed her. The person standing in front of her was the troublemaker of the school, infamously known for her devilish ways - Jiang Meng. The devil will get what he wants and the object of his desire was Qi Yue. Although having a cruel exterior Jiang Meng's heart is kind and caring, which truly touched Qi Yue. The big problem remained - Jiang Meng is the song of the man Qi Yue's mother is going to marry. 

This drama is my favorite drama ever. The moment I finish this drama, I went back to re-watch it. If you were to ask my siblings which drama I watch the most growing up, it will have to be this drama. I mean they even sat down next to me and watch it with me all the time. This is one of the drama that my siblings still ask if I watch it today. I mean I can, but there so many new dramas that I haven't seen this drama in the last couple of years but its still one that I remember by heart. This is the drama that made me obsessed with the three main leads especially Mike He. I think he so cute and adorable, I mean Rainie Yang and Kingone Wang are too but seriously, I love the way his hair look one him in the drama and his eyes, they were gorgeous. I was also obsessed with the ending soundtrack song to this drama by Rainie Yang. I love it so much that I still listen to it till this day and is my favorite song from Rainie Yang. I know it but heart. I really wish that there would be a new version, a remake of this drama because it would be so satisfying to see such an amazing and good drama remake. 

(Image credit to spcnet.tv, Information credit to Wikipedia, and Summary credit to mydramalist.com)

2. Love O2O (2016)


Love O2O is based on the novel of the same title written by Gu Man and the drama remake of the movie titled One Smile is Very Alluring release in 2016 also. This Chinese drama starred Yang Yang and Zheng Shuang. 

Xiao Nai is a gaming expert who, courtesy of his basketball skills, academic excellence, swimming talent and game company presidency, also happens to be the most popular student on campus. Bei Wei Wei is the computer department goddess, who excels in her studies. She aspires to be an online game developer and goes by the user ID of Lu Wei Wei Wei in the online role-playing game A Chinese Ghost Story. Xiao Nai first came across Bei Wei Wei, he immediately fall in love; but it's not her look that he notices; it's the ridiculous mastery skills which she is commanding her guild and owning everyone in an online multiplayer game that make her impossible to forget. After Bei Wei Wei gets dumped by her online husband Zhen Shui Wu Xiang, she gets approached by the number one player Yi Xiao Nai He, who suggested that they get married so they both can participate in a couple competition within the game. The newly formed couple instantly hit it off and undergo many adventures together in the game. However, Wei Wei never expected the real identity of her virtual husband to be her college senior, Xiao Nai. When Wei Wei discovers his true identity, they have already fallen in love with each other. Together, they overcome numerous misunderstanding and obstacles standing in their way of their budding relationship. 

I really like this drama but there are many things I didn't like and want to change for sure. First off, I like this better than the movie and as a drama more because there a lot more story line and scenes to make this drama more understandable and it doesn't feel like a rush. Second, I don't like the game scenes at all and the CGI scenes. I feel like they should of just actually gone to an actually place that have great scenery to film some of those scene or build a studio for the gaming scenes because then it would of been better for the amount of success it got. Third, I think they make a really great pair, they are both beautiful, handsome but I personally don't think Zheng Shuang is that great at acting. I think everyone hates the kissing scenes because she can't kiss at all. Yes! That is the reason why I don't think she good of an actress, she need to work on those kissing scenes because they kill the scene, not in a good way. Overall, this drama was very easy going there wasn't a lot of big huge drama.

(Image credit to Amino App, Information credit to Wikipedia, and Summary credit to mydramalist.com and Wikipedia) 

3. Dragon Love (1999)

Dragon Love starred Benny Chan and Fennie Yuen in this 1999 Hong Kong release drama. 

Yip Man was a highly regarded adviser of the King while Chow Ou Tin was a famous general. Ou Tin believed the dragons were dangerous and was determined to kill them even with the protest from Yip Man for him not to do so. This enraged the Sea Dragon King, so he nearly destroyed the whole city. Ou Tin's wife died in the chaos and thus began his true hatred for all dragons. His two young children who were saved by Yip Man during the disaster, were brought up by Yip Man's wife, while Yip Man died from saving them. Yip Man's son, Yip Hei grows up to be a king young man and studies medicine. Yip Hei happens to save a young lady Siu Yu but what was unknown to him was the fact that she was actually a dragon girl, the daughter of the Sea Dragon King. Their feelings son blossomed into love, however the fate that awaits them is one inescapable. She is, after-all, a dragon and their family's long past history is slowly chasing up to them. 

This is such an old drama that I think no one today have seen this drama. The only people who have seen this drama probably was from China or have seen the dub version of this drama hence me. I grew up watching this drama and I love the drama so much because of the songs. I think this drama have a lot of potential for a remake because its twenty years old already and a lot of things can change in terms of quality. If any know where I can download or view this drama online, let me know because I would love to watch this drama. The only version I have was on a VHS and I don't even think that I have it anymore. 

(Image and Summary credit to mydramalist.com) 

4. Smiling Pasta (2006)


Smiling Pasta is a romantic comedy Taiwanese drama starring Cyndi Wang and Nicholas Teo. 

A young couple, not knowing each other in the past, collided with each other and created boundless rumors and a romance full of interest. Cheng Xiao Shi is an innocent and honest common young girl, she has gone through seventeen relationships, but always broke up by the third month. She was cursed with a three-month curse by Ah Zhe. After being dumped by her seventeenth boyfriend, she gave up on hope to love another guy. At that time, a famous idol, He Qun runs past, bumps into Xiao Shi and they end up 'kissing' on the street. He Qun is a new super star of singing circle and the oldest son of two, or present speaker of a legislative body. He Qun was eluding from paparazzi at the time they collided. Paparazzi swarmed by and titled the kiss as secret affair behind He Qun's girlfriend Rita, to not make He Qun look bad, his manager declared Xiao Shi as He Qun's girlfriend of one year and fiance. Thus, a love contract was made. This story is about how the 'fake' couple learns to like each other after having disagreements in the beginning, as well as fighting the injustices the media throw at them. Even Ah Zhe and Rita come back into the love triangle. 

I love this drama. I think this is the number one on this list because as I'm writing (or typing) this all the memories came back rushing and I feel this thrilling sensation of watching this drama again right now. This is one of the most popular drama of the time, I think, will for me it was. My sister and I watch this drama together and I can say for sure that this was her favorite drama and the only drama that I didn't have to force her to watch me because she actually started watching this drama before me. The story line was cute and thrilling because it was sweet and light. The only huge drama was just dealing with the media and paparazzi only. I would love to see a remake of this drama but I don't think anyone can live to Cyndi dorkiness. 

(Image credit to music-bazaar.com, Information credit to Wikipedia, and Summary credit to mydramalist.com and Wikipedia)

5. Murphy's Law of Love (2015)

Murphy's Law of Love is a 2015 Taiwanese romantic comedy television series starring Danson Tang, Ivelyn Lee, Jolin Chien and Jenna Wang as the main cast. 

Murphy's Law means anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Guan Xiao Tong has been cursed with the Murphy's Law all her life. Every time her attainable desires are within reach, they somehow escape her grasp at the last moment. After her boyfriend dumps her and breaks her heart, Xiao Tong decides to use her psychiatry expertise to help others with love. She is known as the 'love guru' of the Meet and Match Online Dating Company, were she able to solve anybody's relationship issues. After He Zhi Yu, a beautiful model, leaves Ji Jia Wei, he is heartbroken but his father tries to convince him to move on. Ji Jia Wei opens a divorce firm across the street from Xiao Tong's office, threatening the matchmaking service. Jia Wei thinks Xiao Tong's theory and love advice is idiotic while she think he is a cold-heart person who doesn't believe in love and only started his business so others can be like him. Jia Wei proposes a joint-company matchmaking event between the dating company and the divorce agency. Since Xiao Tong is cursed with Murphy's Law, Jia Wei whom she has no interest in starts falling for her when she unknowingly starts to melt his ice-cold heart. Meanwhile, a famous chef, Xiang Zi Yan, gets to know Xiao Tong and begins to develop feelings for her too. 

I didn't think I was going to like this drama at all because I don't really like Danson growing up. His drama doesn't appeal to me, but after watching this drama, I ended up really liking him. I actually went back to check out his list of work and try to watch some of them. I think I really like this drama because of Ivelyn's character. I would recommend you to watch this drama, if you haven't seen it yet, because it makes me think about the reason why some people don't date like me. The love line between the three characters keep me on my toes because you don't really know what coming your way. 

(Image credit to mydramalist.com, Information credit to Wikipedia, and Summary credit to mydramalist.com and Wikipedia)

6. The Butterfly Lovers (2008)

The Butterfly Lovers stars Wu Chun, Charlene Choi and Hu Ge in this Hong Kong film. This is based on the Chinese legend of the Butterfly Lovers - considered the Chinese Romeo and Juliet in a wuxia setting. 

A young woman named Zhu Yan Zhi disguised herself as a man to attend school. On her way there, she met a fellow traveler and schoolmate named Liang Zhong Shan. They became good friends and swore honorary brothers. For three years, they studied and live together, yet, Liang Zhong Shan never realized that Zhu Yan Zhi was a woman.  

Okay, I cheated on this one. This version is actually a film but there are drama version. I personally like this as a film then a drama because I don't like this story line to have so many drama. I think keeping this movie and drama easy and short keeps this version easy and nice to watch. But I would recommend anyone to watch any version of this drama because the story itself is want makes this drama or movie meaningful. 

(Image and Information credit to Wikipedia, and Summary credit to mydramalist.com and Wikipedia)

7. Bitter Sweet (2015)

Bitter Sweet is a 2015 Taiwanese romance television series starring Ma Zhi Qin, Johnny Kou, Sunny Tu, Esther Liu, Tracy Chou, Steven Sun, Esther Yang, Xiu Jie Kai, Micheal Zhang, and Ahn Zhe. 

Wang Da Shan is a retired colonel who lives with his four children Shang Wen, Shang Huan, Shang Hao and Shang Mo. When it comes to educating his children, Da Shan believes in tough love and has always been strict with them; but in his children's eyes, he's just an old military captain who doesn't have any soldiers to order around anymore. Wang Shang Wen is the eldest daughter of the Wang family. She is highly successful as the editor of an international fashion magazine. Pretty, smart and strong-willed, Da Shen has nothing to worry about except for the fact that she is nearing 30 and still single. Wang Shang Huan, has always been overshadowed by her seemingly perfect sister, but she is sure that she'll be able to marry before her sister does. Shang Huan adopts the thinking that girls should not be afraid to make the first move if they have someone they like, hence when she meets Yang Yu Fan, she is determined to win him over. Shang Huan works for a travel agency organizing dating events and is a valued employee. 

I think this is a really good family drama. It focused on the first and second child or daughter majority of the time but the younger sister and younger brother does get their own equal parts and story line to the story. It's a story about discovering the truth about themselves and their past along with the connection that each of them have with one another. I thought that it was just another long family drama and that I wan't going to like it at all but turn out, I really like this drama. I think the second daughter personality was what kept this drama interesting and the youngest daughter story was the mystery of the drama.  

(Information credit to Wikipedia, Summary and Image credit to mydramalist.com and Wikipedia)

8. Dear Mom (2014)


Dear Mom is a 2014 Taiwanese television series starring Ling Hung, Joanne Tseng, Albee huang, Beatrice Fang, Shiou Chieh Kai, Melvin Sia, Duncan Chow, and Jack Lee. The Chinese title literally translates to 'My Four Precious Daughters,' which is in reference to the four main female characters of the drama. 

The Li family was blessed with not one, but four beloved daughters, and though they've all grown up and gone their own ways, these four sisters - Li Lian Qing, Li Yi Wan, Li Qing Qing and Li Xiao Xi - find themselves reconnecting under the same household once again. The Li sisters each is different in their own way. Lian Qing, the eldest, is the perfect daughter to everyone, excelling academically and successful. She lives in the US with her young son and husband, but when she returns to Taiwan she hides from her family that she has been recently divorced. Yi Wan, the second daughter, is obedient to her parents and kind to others. Simpleminded and a bit of a klutz, she never worries her parents She works as a kindergarten teacher. Qing Qing, the third daughter, is a workaholic, who at times is over confident of herself. She is the personal secretary to the CEO of a trading company. Her unbalance work and personal life makes her mother worry that she will never have time to date or find a steady boyfriend. The fourth and youngest daughter Xiao Xi is a university student who is spoiled by her father and lives a carefree life. From surviving divorce to navigating careers and college, there isn't anything the four Li sisters can't work out together in this heartwarming drama about modern family life.

This was the start of my love for Joanne Tseng. I was really excited for this drama because of Albee. I love her since her 'Hey Girl' days and to see her acting made me really happy. But Joanne stole the whole entire drama for me. I love her story the most because this innocent girl all of a sudden get involve in this guy life and it changes her world entire world. I actually ended up hating Albee's story the most. I don't like that fact that *SPOILER* she got into an affair with her boss. That really annoy me. The saddest part is that we don't get to see Beatrice's story. There are parts of her but all of a sudden this happen to her and we don't even know how this part of the story got started. I understand she was pregnant at the time of filming this drama but I was just sad and disappointed that we don't get to see her as much as the other three sisters. 

(Information and Summary credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com, Image credit to mydramalist.com)

9. Brown Sugar Macchiato (2007)

Brown Sugar Macchiato is a Taiwanese drama starring members of Taiwanese bands Lollipop and Hey Girl. 

One day, six boys with different personalities and background are notified they shared the same father. On top of that, they are entitled to a large inheritance. There is only one catch, they must attend the same school and live in the same house for one year to becoming loving brothers. The boys not only hate each other, they have to deal with ten mean girls from their class. Unknown to the boys, Ya Tou, one of the girl from their class, is actually the housekeeper of their mansion. 

I remember watching this drama was obsessed with the actors and actresses of this drama. Let start with my obsession with Gui Gui and Wang Zi. Tell today, I still love them. But I also end up loving all the other cast member. I don't mind another remake of this drama, but honestly I think this is sort of a drama for idol fans only. I think this drama would be a good remake if they want to introduce a new group of artists or actors and actresses. I can see that happening because the target would be for children, young teenagers and people who like idols and love watching drama.  

(Information and Summary credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com, Image credit to mydramalist.com)

10. Bull Fighting (2007)


Bull Fighting is a 2007 Taiwanese drama starring Mike He, Hebe Tien, and Lee Wei. 

It started as a 3-on-3 basketball competition between two rival schools; an annual event in which the winner would control the 13th street basketball court for the following year. A girl who has fond memories of Trio, the side she support and the 9-year reigning champion lost this year to everyone's surprise because of her.  When she was little, Yi Sheng Xue, was chased by a few hoodlums and found herself running to the 13th Street Basketball Court for safety. The players representing Trio, then, noticed what was happening and saved her from the thugs. Due to this incident, Sheng Xue developed a fondness for the Trio team and rooted for its player every year since then. The boys, reigning champions for nine years, finally met their match and nobody could have been more disappointed than Sheng Xue. This year, three young men from the East Sun College represented Trio. They were childhood friends and the rich, arrogant sons of important people. The leader, Sheng Rou He, encountered Sheng Xue and her bodyguards in a car accident on his way to the match, causing a rift between him and her men. Little did Sheng Xue realize that her childhood confidante and the leader of the bumbling bodyguards, Jin Zi Cong, had deflated Rou He's tired. He also left a hole in the Trip captain's bag, causing him to be late for the match. As a result, Rou struggled to beat the opposing team wearing small shoes. Trio lost and the feisty Sheng Xue, daughter of a former triad leader, vowed revenge against Rou He and admitted herself to his college. Meanwhile, Rou He shares a strained relationship with his father, a powerful businessman who plans to obtain the deed to the 13th Street. Rou He's past affair with his ex-girlfriend who left him due to his obsession with his father's work and blind date arranged by his side to secure the deed meant that Rou He had no choice but to fake a relationship with Sheng Xue's since 13th Street rightly belongs to her family. Little does Sheng Xue realize that her hatred for Rou He slowly turns to affection and Zi Cong looks at them in the dark with a heavy heart.

I started watching this drama because of Mike He. I really like him after Devil Beside You hence I wanted to watch this drama. I came out really liking Hebe Tien though. This was the start of my love for Hebe Tien and I'm so glad because this drama was a hit in my group of friends. We all love it and we constantly talk about it for a very long time. I would love a remake of this drama because there a lot of potential to make this drama better. For sure better quality and newer actors and actresses but much more than that. I'm talking adding new love lines for other characters and a more solid base story behind some of the characters. I just want a new version of this drama that all. 

(Information and Summary credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com, Image credit to mydramalist.com)

11. Meteor Garden/Meteor Shower

(Image credit to akizukiorientaldramamovie.blogspot.com)

Meteor Garden or Meteor Shower is loosely based on a Japanese manga series Boys Over Flowers. The first version of this drama is a 2001 Taiwanese drama starring Barbie Shu, Jerry Yan, Vic Zhou, Vanness Wu, and Ken Chu. Meteor Garden was followed by a mini series, Meteor Rain, release in 2001 and Meteor Garden 2 starring the same actors and actresses aired in 2002. The second version of this drama was known as Meteor Shower or Let's Go Watch Meteor Shower. This is a 2009 Chinese series starring Zheng Shuang, Hans Zhang, Yu Haoming, Vision Wei and Zhu Zixiao. There is a sequel to this version under the title Let's Watch Meteor Shower Again release in 2010. This version according to the writer, is not based on the manga series but inspired by it. The most recent version of this drama is Meteor Garden 2018. It is a 2018 Chinese series remake of the 2001 version starring Shen Yue, Dylan Wang, Darren Chen, Caesar Wu, and Connor Leong.

I decided to put them all together because they are the same story line. Each version is different yet the same. I really like all of them although I hate some scenes more than others and yes all these version has minor changes to them through the different version but they all are still good and the story line is still the same that we all like and love. I am hoping to get a sequel to the newest version because we get to see the second story line with them.

Meteor Garden (2001)


Shan Cai, whose parents are far from wealthy, attends Ying De University, the private school established exclusively for rich students. Beside being looked down by the rich classmates, she has angered the leader of F4, Dao Ming Si. F4 comprises of Dao Ming Si, Hua Ze Lei, Xi Men, and Mei Zuo, who are the heirs to the four richest families. Their families are the founder of the school and nobody dares to cross them. Shan Cai isn't afraid to stand up to Dao Ming Si, an act that nobody has done before and sparks Dao Ming Si's interest in her. However, his constant torture of her has made her miserable while she falls in love with the gentle Hua Ze Lei, who comes to her rescue.

Meteor Rain (2001)

Meteor Rain shows the three side stories of Meteor Garden told from the point-of-view of Dao Ming Si, Xi Men and Mei Zuo. The stories happen at different times, including vefore, during and after Meteor Garden.

Meteor Garden 2 (2002)

F4 graduates from Ying De Xue Yuan. Dao Ming Si invites Shan Cai to go on F4's graduationo trip with them to Spain, which is actually F4's way of letting Shan Cai and Dao Ming Si spend some time alone. Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai becomes inseparable during the trip. Just before Shan Cai and Dao Ming Si leave for Spain, Hua Ze Lei gave Ah Si an envelope with a 'smart advice' in it. When Dao Ming Si opens the envelope, he finds that the advice from Hua Ze Lei was to ask Shan Cai to marry him in an old church with a legend. Dao Ming Si buys a 'Meteor Ring' which Shan Cai had her eyes on and prepares to propose to her in a church that had special meanings of 'love'. However, on the way to the church, Dao Ming Si gets into a car accident which had causes him to lose his memory. He met Ye Sha at the time, who helps him and looks after him. The sudden disappearance of Dao Ming Si causes Shan Cai to worry, so she asks Jing to help her. The other three members of F4 also came to Spain immediately after hearing the news. In this story, the love story of Xi Men and Mei Zuo are shown. The reason why Xi Men is such a playboy is revealed, as well as Mei Zuo's love story since he was in elementary school.

Let's Go Watch Meteor Shower (2009)

Chu Yu Xun is a very clever and smart high school girl. Her dream is to get into the prestigious Aliston University, in which she managed to get in with her uncle's help. Murong Yun Hai, Duanmu Lei, Shangguan Rui Qian, and Ye Shuo are the four richest students in the university and they became the idol of all the girls there. These guys are not happy with the lives their parents had planned for them. They perform a series of pranks to get attention from the headmistress to expel them from the university. Yu Xun fights for justice for the victims of the group and becomes their instant target, trying all sorts of methods to expel her. Meanwhile, Yu Xun gets protection from Duanmu Lei, who was her childhood friend. Through fighting and arguing, Yun Hai starts to fall in love with Yu Xun but faces numerous rejections. H4 and Yu Xun eventually become friends. Through hardship, they all grew up and learned to control their own lives, chose their own futures and to strive for their dreams.

Let's Watch Meteor Shower Again (2010)

Murong Yun Hai remembers everything except Chu Yu Xun. When he went overseas, he meets a new friend, Jiang Yuan and he falls in love with her. However, when they both come back to China, Yun Hai feels like someone's waiting for him.

Meteor Garden 2018 (2018)

An ordinary girl is admitted to the most prestigious school in the country where she encounters F4, an exclusive group comprised of the four wealthiest and handsome boys in the school - Dao Min Di, Hua Ze Lei, Xi Men and Mei Zuo. Shan Cai is an 18-year-old girl from a family that barely able to make ends meet. Due to a turn of events, she gets accepted into a school that only accepts the upper class elites. She immediately clashes with her classmates especially Dao Ming Si who is a spoiled, arrogant and a bully. She remains defiant even after becoming a target of a series of pranks intended to torment her and just when she's about to give up, Hua Ze Lei always seems to show up to lend her a helping hand. Eventually, the four boys begin to acknowledge Shan Cai's unyielding personality that is like her namesake which is that of a weed that can never be brought down. She also begins to see the good in the boys, which paves the way for friendship and eventual romance.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

12. The Magician of Love (2006)


The Magicians of Love is a 2006 Taiwanese drama starring Ming Dao, Jacky Zhu, Ehlo Huang and Joanne Tseng.

World-wide famous hair salon Neo-Image has just opened. The beautiful hairstyles of the three popular hairstylists attract huge crowds. At the same time, an external official came to them for help. There was an event called 'The Chinese Hairstyle Competition' and they have found a part-time working young female hair-dresser, Xiao Bei, to compete against the French stylish to help advertise the French hair products. As the competition will greatly affect the country's status, the three gusy decided to help. Later, they find talent in Xiao Beo and trick her into working for Neo-Image, since she refused to cooperte without a fight. One day, Xiao Bei is about to be hit by a car wehn Arts pushes her away and save her life. He was wearing a jacket with the number 23 on it. When Xiao Bei saw Richie wearing the jacket and assumed that he was her savior, she fell for him. However, Richie leads a dangerous life and he lives without knowing if he will have a 'tomorrow'. Xiao Bei volunteers at a retirement home. A coincidence occurs involving Xiao Bei and Arts visiting his grandma Li Lian at the same time. Grandma realizes that they are the perfect couple and convinces Artz into admitting his try feelings for her before it's too late.

I remember watching this drama in 2008 when I first got into Taiwanese dramas and found a website that have a lot entire list full of them. I really like this drama. It was refreshing and different because it focused on hair styling and the fact that you didn't know who she was going to end up with at the end because of the love line. At first, I knew I love Joanne's acting and character but I didn't know who she was until after watching Dear Mom and checking out her work, I found this on her list. I was amaze because at this point, I kind of forgot about this drama nor did I remember her at the main lead in this drama either. Surprisingly, I actually like her since this drama but Dear Mom confirm my love for her. I don't mind a remake of this drama but I don't think its going to be as interesting because of the time. I feel like today, people are more interested in fantasy drama, but don't get be wrong I really like this drama. 

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

13. Romantic Princess (2007)


Romantic Princess is a 2007 Taiwanese drama starring Wu Chun, Calvin Chen, Angela Chang and George Hu.

Adopted by a middle classed parents, Xiao Mai has always had a dream to be an heiress. Who know that one day this dream would come true. Xiao Mai's biological grandfather is the head of a prestigious aristocratic family and after many years of searching, he finally finds his long lost granddaughter. AS she starts her life as an heiress, everyday is filled with excitement, however, everything seems a bit different from what she had imagined them to be.

I remember watching this drama and it became one of my favorite because of Wu Chun. Wu Chun was my favorite out of the Fahrenheit group growing up. This drama was sweet at the beginning because we get to see the relationship grow as they both become fond of each other but then it take a turn and we get a whole entire surprise that I personally didn't see coming nor did I like it at all. This is the start of my love for George Hu though. 

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

14. Reaching For The Stars (2005)

Reaching for the Stars is a 2005 Taiwanese drama starring the Taiwanese girl-group S.H.E, Anthony Guo, and Chen Zhi Kai.

Ren Jie, Zhou Xin Lei, and Shen Xiao Rou are three girls who were born on the same day but led vastly different lives. On their 22nd birthday, fate brought them together. In an upscale restaurant, Zhou Jian Long, the chairman of Zhou Group, celebrated the 22nd birthday of his step-daughter, Xin Lei. Nothing ever worried Xin Lei, because no matter what happened her step-father would be there to take care of it. However, over the course of the dinner, her step-father suffered a heart attack and died. Little did anyone know that Zhou secretly left a will; while the mansion and $50,000,000 would be given to his wife and step-daughter, all of his company stocks would belong to his missing birth daughter. Upon hearing this, the ambitious executive vice chairman, along with his right-hand man, hired Ren Jie to assume the role of the missing daughter. Using Ren Jie, he could control the entire company. Meanwhile, policewoman Shen Xiao Rou was upset because the pervert she caught was release on bail. She went out to search for him and beat the crap out of him. Her actions caused her to be reprimanded by her superior. In a fit of rage, she quit her job. Afterwards, she went to Zhou Group to apply as a security guard and eventually ended up being Ren Jie's bodyguard.

I personally think this was a really cute and easy-going drama. I love the fact that this drama starred S.H.E and this is were I was introduce to the other members of S.H.E. Although there is drama and love line crossing, overall it was a simple story of finding who the real daughter was.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

15. Love Around (2013)


Love Around is a 2013 Taiwanese romantic comedy series starring George Hu and Annie Chen.

Radio DJ Liang Xiao Shu is an outgoing, straightforward, optimistic and little drama queen at heart girl. After finding out her boyfriend of three months is cheating on her, she is devastated By chance encounter, she meets Zhou Zhen who comes from a former gangster family that has decided to keep their hands clean. Zhen is gentle, gracious and upright and he encourages Xiao Shu and tried to help her move on. Zhen becomes an employee at the radio station where Xiao Shu works by mistake and goes to great lengths to hide his true identity by impersonating a salesperson. Little does he know, the seed of love has already begun to grow.

This is my very first drama with this two leads and I love them together. They make the cutest couple ever. As I stated before, I already love George Hu but I never seen him as the lead therefore this drama was eye catching for me. I really like this drama overall. The story line and connection between the them are incredible and the drama isn't to much. This is a light drama that is easy for our mind and eyes.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

16. When I See You Again (2015)


When I See You Again is a 2015 Taiwanese romantic comedy series starring Jasper Liu and Mandy Wei.

Xia You Qian is the total package. He is good-looking, a highly successful head of a private equity company and well liked by everyone around him. Even competitors like Hu Yan Ze can't help but respect him and wealthy socialites like Hu Yong Qing are in love with him. But You Qian also has the keen ability to make accurate assessments about people at first sight using this strong observational skills. When he and his grandfather are invited to Pu Lang village to judge a competition, he runs into An Xi, a woman who was responsible for You Qian nearly losing his life ten years ago. An Xi is forced to enter the competition to try to earn the prize money to save her hostel, which she inherited from her father, but is riddle with debt.

I was really excited to watch this drama because of Jasper Liu. I found him through his previous work Pleasantly Surprised and love him. I personally didn't like Mandy in the beginning because I didn't think she was really good at acting nor was she that pretty but turn out, I think Mandy is an excellent actress and she is really pretty. I just don't think the way her hair was style most of this drama suited her. Overall, this drama had a lot of background story about their past that we discover later. The story itself is simple.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

17. It Started With A Kiss (2005) and They Kiss Again (2007)

It Started with a Kiss is a Taiwanese drama starring Joe Cheng, Ariel Lin and Jiro Wang. It is based on the Japanese manga series Itazura na Kiss or Mischievous Kiss. Due to the success, the sequel They Kiss Again aired in 2007.

It Started With A Kiss (2005)

After an earthquake destorys Xiang Qin's house, she and her father move in with the family of her father's college buddy. To her surprise, her new kind and amicable aunt and uncle are the parents of her cold and distant schoolmate, Jiang Zhi Shu, a genius with an IQ of 200 whom not long ago rejected her when she confessed her feelings for him.

They Kiss Again (2007)

The sequel beings with Xiang Qin and Zhi Shu's wedding and honeymoon. Even after marriage, they experience problems and interference within their marriage such as mistaken pregnancy, misunderstandings and new found jealousies. Xiang Qin and Zhi Shu switch to medical school to become nurse and doctor. During that time, Zhi Shu meets new rivals who wish to outdo him and Xiang Qin makes four new friends and one of them like her and wishes to replace Zhi Shu.

I was debating if I should put this drama series on the list because I don't hate nor like each part better than others. The reason why I decided to put it on this list was because overall the story is great and amazing and the different versions I have seen were great. If I have separated them, then I don't think I would of put this drama on this list but together, I really like it. The story was cute and refreshing but the drama the continue on kind of got annoy especially with the male lead personality. I understand, but overall if you like any one the other version of this drama, you would like this version too.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

18. Refresh Man (2016)

Refresh Man is a 2016 Taiwanese series starring Aaron Yang, Joanne Tseng, Lene Lai and Jack Lee.

Zhong Yu Tang and Ji Wen Kai are childhood friends. Wen Kai's grades has always been normal but Yu Tang's grades were really good. After becoming adults and entering society, Yu Tang has entered the cosmetic world and has the chance to become the secretary of the new CEO. The CEO ended up being Ji Wen Kai.

 I was really excited for this drama because I love Joanne and Aaron. Aaron is currently my favorite Fahrenheit members right now. The story was very easy going and the drama was good. The drama was not over the top nor way to simple. The drama continue because they have so many obstacles but the most important part of the story line was finding out the truth and past of both the leads. I think they are currently one of my favorite pairing for Taiwanese dramas.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

19. Aim High (2014)


Aim High is a 2014 Taiwanese romantic comedy series starring Summer Meng, Chris Wang, Kyo Shu Yao, Lego Lee, Lyan Cheng and Huang Wei Ting. This drama is reference to the median salary for recent college graduates entering the workforce in Taiwan.

Four college friends - all finance majors - must each learn what it takes to make it in the real world but will it be at the expense of their strong bond as friends? Yi Fen, Mao Mao, Qi Feng and Dao Yuan are close college friends who assumed that they would all be able to pursue their dreams of success and break the 22K-wage barrier for young professionals - without compromising their principles. But when a big fight breaks up their close friendship just before graduation, each has to find his or her own path to success.

This drama is a hit or miss for some people. I think that reason why I was watching this drama was because of Lego and Chris. The story is inspiring because we get to see what happens in terms of our career is going to change after school. It was easy to watch.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia, mydramalist.com and viki.com)

20. Romance in the Rain (2001)

Romance in the Rain is a 2001 Chinese drama starring Zhao Wei, Ruby Lin, Leo Ku and Alec Su.

The story is how Lu Yi Ping tries to take revenge for her mother's sufferings and her, while torn between trying to find the meaning of love and forgiveness in her disfigured world. It's a story of the love that she and He Shu Huan grew, under the most pressured and difficult circumstances. A story of Shu Huan's dedication to patiently teach love and forgiveness to Yi Ping. A story of a father's harsh relationship with his unwanted daughter and how it is rekindled. A story of an impossible crush that somehow became reality and a story of a wife, forever faithful to her husband and another's unfaithfulness. Together is about true love, compassion, revenge, lust, family, relationships, war, victory, friendship, secrets, lies, deception, forgiveness, power, good and evil.

This is one of the drama that I love and hated growing up. My brother love this drama. I hated this drama because it was very long and the story at one point got me really annoy. The summary states it all. There is so many story to this drama that make it really nice and interesting to watch but half way through I was over it. At the end, you get a happy ending, but after so much it was worth the watch. I mean I could of taken out a lot of those parts and cut it shorter but I think it alright. I think this would be a great remake drama because its old but the story can be shorter. The actors and actresses of this drama are very successful and the next group (if it ever happen) would be successful also.

(Image, Summary, and Information credit to Wikipedia and mydramalist.com)

There you have it, a long list of twenty of my favorite Chinese, Hong Kong, and mainly Taiwanese dramas that I have watch. Let me know what are some of your favorite and if you disagree or agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment